28 Feb The Groom’s Wedding Checklist
Posted at 14:41h in Groom's Attire, Groom's Checklist, Wedding Attire, Wedding Fashion, Wedding Planning 0 Comments
Here is a quick guide to the groom’s wedding checklist, after all it really does take two to plan your dream wedding. Every couple is different but here is a guide to help the grooms navigate through the year ahead.
10-12 Months Before:
- Pick out the engagement ring (if not yet selected). Kuhn’s has an amazing selection of really unique engagement rings.
- Announce your engagement.
- Discuss wedding plans and budget with fiancée and all parents.
- Compile your guest list.
- Start the venue search.
- Hire a wedding planner.
- Select your best man, groomsmen and ushers.
- Plan engagement party.
8-9 Months Before:
- Select and Meet with officiant (minister, priest, rabbi, etc.) to discuss the ceremony.
- Begin making your honeymoon travel plans.
6 Months Before:
- Visit gift registry with fiancée.
- Arrange for transportation to ceremony, and to reception, for the wedding party.
- Complete your honeymoon plans.
- Select your attire (tuxedo or suits) with final list of attendants including Best Man, Groomsmen, Jr. Groomsmen, Ring Bearer, Fathers, Grandfathers, Ushers and a list of any other attendants. Jos. A. Bank is a great resource for tuxedo rentals and custom suiting for both purchase and rentals. Men’s Wearhouse is another resource. Sandals Bridal and Dryden Dress Company are local shops here on the Eastern Shore.
3 Months Before:
- Finalize all attendants’ measurements and send to rental company or men’s shop.
- Pick out and order wedding rings.
- Pick out and order groomsmen gifts.
- Plan rehearsal dinner with parents.
- Choose gifts for your bride and wedding party.
- Update passports for honeymoons abroad.
- Finalize your wedding vows.
1 Month Before:
- Make sure all men have been measured and rentals/ purchases, pick up dates and times are finalized.
- Get your marriage license.
- Make appointments for personal grooming.
2 Weeks Before:
- Attend bachelor party.
- Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
The Week of:
- Pick up your attire-try it on in the store to ensure a proper fit.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Get cash for gratuities and any last-minute payments.
- Rehearsal and dinner.
- Write your bride to be a sweet love letter r and stash it in a place she will find it on the wedding day. Trust me, she’ll love it!
The Big Day:
- Double-check all details, wedding rings, transportation, marriage license.
- Get to the ceremony on time.
- Relax and enjoy your wedding!
The Day After:
- Return attire rentals.
My services: Click Here